Monday, April 25, 2011

This is what I'm working now!

Hi! Everyone, I've made tremendous progress in learning the Electric Quilt software, I've had the program for several years but just never get real grip on understanding the program. Then I learned about the mystery lessons that are available on the website and I was blown away by how easy it to understand. The manuals were good at individual steps in using the software but I wanted something that went through the planning of a quilt from the very beginning.

I chose Mystery lessons called Skylights to start with,and the more I did the lessons; the more I fell in love with the quilt. Here is picture of a drawing and layout of the blocks. I've finished three blocks so far, the far right block, the far left block that is repeated three times and the courthouse block with the flag block.

Because of the small size of the blocks I've chosen to paper piece the blocks. I believe its made the blocks alot easier to construct and kept more true to size than I could have done with conventional piecing. Not sure though that I would want to make a large quilt by paper piecing because its more time consuming but I think it will all be worth it. Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment